This panel gives you easy access to settings and tools
- With the panel open, when you move a controller in front of the panel you will see a mouse pointer appear on the panel. You can use this pointer to interact with the panel.
- When the pointer is visible you can only use the pointer and so cannot use other tools.
- Move your controller away from in front of the panel to get your normal tools back.
- The panel will stay active until you close it and will stay positioned relative to you not relative to your model.
- To position the panel, use the trigger to click on the top bar and drag it to where you want it. Alternatively, move the controller until it intersects with the panel and then hold in the ↔ grip and drag the panel to where you want it.
- To close the panel use the trigger to click on the close icon on the top right of the panel.
- To change tabs, use the trigger to click on the tabs on the left.
- Options follow SketchUp - Choose if the settings in this panel must be synchronized with SketchUps settings.
- Show edges - Toggle whether edges are visible or not in VR.
- Component edit: hide rest of model - Choose if you want to hide the rest of the model when you are inside a group or component.
- Highlight animated components - Toggle whether animated components must be highlighted or not.
- Time slider - Set the position of the sun based on the time of day.
- Date slider - Set the position of the sun based on the date.
- Amount - Set the density of the fog.
- Brightness - Choose the brightness of the fog, from black to white.
- Shows a list of all the components loaded into your model.
- To place a component from the list, click on it with the trigger then click in the model where you want it to be placed.
3D warehouse tab
- Use the search bar to search SketchUps 3D warehouse for models.
- Use the trigger to click on the keyboard.
- To download and place a model, click on the model you wish to download then click in the model where you want to place it.
- To go to a scene, click with the trigger on the scene.
- To rename a scene, hover over the scene and then click on the menu icon on the right, then click Rename and enter the new name.
- To delete a scene, hover over the scene and then click on the menu icon on the right, then click Delete. Note that this can not be undone.
- To add a scenes, click on the add scene button. Now use the controller to set the position of the scene. The rotation of the scene will match your current rotation. Click with the trigger to create the scene. Press the touchpad/thumbstick to stop placing scenes.
- To hide or show a layer, click with the trigger on the eye icon on the left of each layer.
- Rename a layer by clicking on that layers menu icon, then click rename and edit the name.
- Delete a layer by clicking on that layers menu icon, then click either:
- "delete layer, move content to Layer 0" to move the contents to Layer 0 before deleting the layer.
- "delete layer, delete content" to the contents on the layer and delete the layer.
- To add geometry onto a layer, click on the layer name, you will get a selection laser, aim it at the geometry you want to add and click to add it.